Located in the centre of the UK, Leeds is the UK's fastest growing city, the second largest employer outside London and a major centre for banking, finance, law, retail and media.
Leeds Metropolitan University is one of the most popular universities in the UK and a real favourite with international students. We offer world-class teaching in an exciting learning environment and an unforgettable student experience.
OUR KEY FACTS:
- Founded in 1824, we have over 100 years of quality teaching
- One of the largest universities in the UK with over 27,000 students including more than 1,500 international students
- Ranked 1st for language support, 1st for accommodation quality and 1st for learning spaces in the UK (ISB 2010*)
- Ranked 2nd for International Student Satisfaction in the UK (ISB 2010)
- Libraries ranked 3rd in the world (ISB 2010) open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
- 95% of international students think Leeds Metropolitan University is a good place to be (ISB 2010)
- Award-winning campuses
- World-class sports facilities, chosen by the Chinese Olympic Track and Field Team as a training base for the London Olympics 2012
- Research graded world-leading or internationally excellent
* The International Student Barometer (ISB) is the largest global, independent survey of international students.
Leeds Metropolitan University offers world-class teaching across an incredible array of subjects and wonderful opportunities for developing your knowledge and skills. We focus on making you more attractive to future employers and our courses can make a real difference to your future career.
You can choose from over 130 high quality undergraduate courses and an excellent range of preparation courses are available to help you gain entry onto our courses. Most Bachelor's degrees at Leeds Metropolitan University are three years and some include a one year work placement to make them 'sandwich' courses (four years).
You will be taught through lectures, seminars, tutorials and laboratories. Assessment includes assignments, presentations, group work, case studies and examinations. You will study for two semesters, each 15 weeks in length for courses starting in September and January.
EMPLOYABILITY AND GRADUATES
Our graduates have successfully secured jobs across the world. At Leeds Metropolitan University there are many opportunities for you to gain work
experience to enhance your employability.
- Working whilst you study - If your visa allows, you may be able to work part-time in the UK. Our University's Job Shop is one of the largest student employment agencies in the UK and can help you find temporary paid employment.
- Gaining work experience - Many courses offer the opportunity to complete a work placement as part of your course. The experience gained will help you find work when you graduate.
- Expert academics - We have research graded world-leading or internationally excellent in Allied Health Professions and Studies, Art and Design, Business and Management Studies, Communication, Cultural and Media Studies, Education, Library and Information Management and Sports-Related Studies.
- Accreditation - We offer many courses which are accredited by industry Professional bodies. On completion of these degrees you will be able to gain membership of the relevant professional body and it will look great on your CV.
- Volunteering - We are committed to helping communities locally and around the world through volunteering projects. These are a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and experience. We also offer course-related volunteering opportunities.
- Careers Service - Our dedicated jobs and careers team offers expert advice and resources to help you choose and find employment.
Leeds Metropolitan University
Leeds LS6 3QW
Tel: +44 (0)113 812 1111 09:00 to 17:00 Mon-Fri
Fax: +44 (0)113 812 1776