Nagasaki University Undergraduate
The history of Nagasaki University goes all the way back to November 12th, 1857 when a Dutch naval surgeon, Dr. Pompe established Igaku Denshusho, which was the oldest medical school in Japan.
Although Nagasaki Medical College Igaku Denshusho was completely demolished on August 9th 1945 by the atomic bomb, it miraculously revived like a phoenix.
Now Igaku Denshusho has grown into a very important university that comprises 8 faculties (Education, Economics, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Studies and Fisheries), affiliated hospitals, libraries and the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
Nagasaki University now has 9,000 students including some 300 international students from Asia, Africa and other parts of the world.