Originally founded in 1946 as the Taiwan Provincial Teachers College, the schools mission was to train outstanding secondary education teachers. The name was changed to National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) in 1967, but the commitment to quality education and teacher training remained. With the enactment of the Teacher Preparation Law in 1994, NTNU transformed itself, creating many new academic departments, and fostering an international environment conducive to the free exchange of ideas, as well as welcoming international students to enroll in academic programs. NTNU has established sister-school ties with 207 well-known institutions in over 34 countries, spanning five continents: Europe, Asia, the Americas, and Australia. NTNU is a diverse, multinational institution and community, with an international student population of close to 3,000 students, including students enrolled at the Mandarin Training Center.
NTNU now encompasses three campuses, He-ping campus (main cam (more ... )