Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
A QUT degree is designed to set you up for success. You’ll have opportunities to gain practical workplace experience and valuable industry connections, putting you in the best possible position when it comes to starting your career.
- Learn from world-class lecturers who are leaders in their field. Our academic staff includes many nationally-awarded lecturers and a Nobel Prize winner.
- Be inspired by experts who are tackling global issues, at the fastest-growing research university in Australia. More than half a billion dollars has been committed to research, and teaching and learning infrastructure in the past six years.
- Study at one of two inner-city campuses, located in Brisbane’s central business district.
We offer a broad range of courses which combine cutting-edge theory with intensive practical learning and the latest technology, to help you take on whatever challenges come your way. Our courses are regularly reviewed and updated to maximise your career opportunities and ensure your degree reflects the latest industry practice.
QUT offers more than 650 undergraduate and postgraduate study options in:
- Building and planning
- Creative, design and performance
- Health and community
- Information technology
- Languages, including English language pathway programs
- Law and justice
- Science and mathematics
At QUT we provide services that will support you in every aspect of your life as a university student.
We provide services such as:
- Pre-departure briefings
- Airport reception service
- Language and learning advice and support
- Academic skills workshops
- Support for students under 18
- Religious facilities and support
QUT can also help build your expertise through work experience, internships and the largest career mentor scheme of all Australian universities. Linking with a mentor can prepare you for your career, increase your employment opportunities and help you develop a professional network.
QUT has Brisbane’s only two full service inner-city university campuses, located at Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove. Our campuses are defined by their own state of the art infrastructure, facilities and precincts, where lifestyle and creative hubs meet world class research and education facilities.
A gateway to Queensland and Australia
QUT is located in Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, and has a population of approximately 2.12 million people with 25 per cent of Brisbane residents born overseas. With an average of 261 days of sunshine every year, Brisbane is renowned for its relaxed, outdoor lifestyle and offers a wide range of activities including sports, arts and entertainment, shopping, dining and great nightlife.
Research that matters
One of Australia's top ten research universities, QUT performed strongly in the Australian Federal Government’s 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment, with 85 per cent of the university’s research areas ranked world standard and above. QUT is the fastest-growing research university in Australia, committing over half a billion dollars to research, and teaching and learning infrastructure over the past six years.
Our top-performing research areas include:
Find out more at www.qut.edu.au/international