Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real-world' focus. We are transforming the student experience we offer our 50,000 students, including almost 8000 international students from more than 100 countries, by placing a premium on the international and national accreditation of our various professional degrees.
Gaining career confidence
A QUT degree is designed to set you up for success. You’ll have opportunities to gain practical workplace experience and valuable industry connections, putting you in the best possible position when it comes to starting your career.
QUT was recently ranked:
- 8th in Australia and 38th in the world for Nursing in the QS World University Ranking by Subject (2016)
- 7th in Australia and in the 71-80 band globally in the inaugural QS Graduate Employability Ranking (2016)
- 1st in Australia and 21st in the world for Communication and Media Studies in the QS World University Ranking by Subject (2016)
- The top 1% of business schools worldwide. QUT Business School was the first business school in Australia to achieve triple international accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA)
- One of the top 300 universities globally in the QS Top Universities Ranking (2015)
QUT offers more than 650 undergraduate and postgraduate study options in:
- Building and planning
- Creative, design and performance
- Health and community
- Information technology
- Languages, including English language pathway programs
- Law and justice
- Science and mathematics
At QUT we provide services that will support you in every aspect of your life as a university student.
We provide services such as:
- Pre-departure briefings
- Airport reception service
- Language and learning advice and support
- Academic skills workshops
- Support for students under 18
- Religious facilities and support
QUT can also help build your expertise through work experience, internships and the largest career mentor scheme of all Australian universities.
Join a sports team
Balance study and lifestyle by joining a sports team at QUT. The university offers both social/recreational sports and competitive sports, so you can stay active and fit while at university.
Develop as a leader
The Leadership, Development and Innovation Program is a comprehensive leadership development and recognition program which offers formally recognised awards. It consists of a series of activities and workshops designed to develop your leadership, teamwork, and personal development skills.
QUT has Brisbane’s only two full service inner-city university campuses, located at Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove. Our campuses are defined by their own state-of-the-art infrastructure, facilities and precincts, where lifestyle and creative hubs meet world-class research and education facilities.
A gateway to Queensland and Australia
QUT is located in Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, and has a population of approximately 2.12 million people with 25 per cent of Brisbane residents born overseas. With an average of 261 days of sunshine every year, Brisbane is renowned for its relaxed, outdoor lifestyle and offers a wide range of activities including sports, arts and entertainment, shopping, dining, and great nightlife.