University of Guelph
At U of G, we provide you everything you need for an outstanding education and a promising future! This includes award-winning faculty guiding your pursuit of knowledge; an exciting, challenging university environment; world-class facilities; experiential learning; and rewarding opportunities to follow your passions and personally affect lives. You're at the centre of the University of Guelph!
U of G is made up of seven colleges:
- The College of Arts
- The College of Biological Science
- The College of Business and Economics
- The College of Physical and Engineering Science
- The College of Social and Applied Human Sciences
- The Ontario Agricultural College
- The Ontario Veterinary College
Throughout those colleges, we offer you 80+ programs in the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts & Science
- Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business)
- Bachelor of Computing
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Associate Diplomas
*We offer honours degrees, general degrees and professional degrees.
You can also choose from among 45+ minors!
If you're interested in Veterinary Medicine, we are home to Canada's first veterinary school; the Ontario Veterinary College. OVC is ranked 8th in the world for Veterinary Science (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2016).
You will learn from internationally recognized scholars and researchers. Our faculty members take a genuine interest in the success of every one of their students! We are the first university in Canada to have had its president and provost hold the prestigious 3M National Teaching Fellowship! The award recognizes exceptional contributions to teaching and learning. It is considered Canada's top teaching honor. And in total, 15 of U of G's faculty have received this award.
University of Guelph courses are taught by internationally-recognized scholars and researchers who are available for discussion both in and out of the classroom.
Over 600 Guelph students take advantage of international living and learning through study abroad programs, international co-op placements, international research, course field trips and community service.
- 74 exchange progeams in 36 countries
- 6 different semester abroad opportunities
You can choose to study abroad through one of 3 types of opportunities:
- Semester Abroad: travel with a group of students and faculty
- Exchange Programs: study at one of 100+ institutions around the world
- Letter of Permission: design your own study abroad program at any accredited university in the world!
Through one of U of G's co-op programs, you will gain relevant work experience, build professional networks and develop skills needed to succeed in your career; all while getting paid! With over 3,000 co-op students, we have one of the highest student enrolments in co-op among Ontario universities.