Established in 1964, the University of Waikato is one of New Zealand's most modern and innovative universities. It is based in the beautiful river city of Hamilton in the central area of the North Island, only 90 minutes' drive south of Auckland.
The heart of the University is its Hamilton campus. It is spread over 65 hectares (160 acres) of beautifully landscaped grounds, and includes extensive sporting and recreational areas surrounding three ornamental lakes and a range of on-campus student accommodation. In addition, there is a satellite campus in Tauranga, on the east coast.
There are seven Faculties and Schools and one College:
1. Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
2. Faculty of Management
3. Faculty of Science and Engineering
4. Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
5. Faculty of Education, including Waikato Pathways College
6. Te Piringa - Faculty of Law
7. School of Māori and Pacific Development (r (more ... )