The QS Best Student Cities 2017 – a ranking of the world’s top 100 student cities – is topped by Montréal, Canada’s ‘cultural capital’. Known for its diversity, creativity, inclusivity and (of course) culture, Montréal gets strong ratings in the student survey which helped compile this year’s results.
Students in Montréal highlight its “amazing nightlife”, “beautiful scenery”, “open-minded people”, “tolerant culture” and “diverse opportunities”.
To add some visual context to those words of praise, here are seven Instagram moments that capture the appeal of daily student life in Montréal…
1. When street art got seriously stunning.
2. Whenever it snows.
3. When you just cancelled your gym membership. Forever.
4. When you reaaaaallly didn’t want to get up, but then you looked outside…
5. When it’s #PoutineWeek, and well, it would be rude not to…
6. When universities look this good.
7. When the culture and venues never stop taking you by surprise.
What else makes Montréal special? Share your own experience of the city, and help create next year’s edition of the QS Best Student Cities index.