New for 2016/17, the QS Undergraduate Scholarship will award up to US$10,000 towards tuition fees, and is open to all talented students applying to start an undergraduate degree at a QS-ranked university.
Value: Up to US$10,000
Criteria: To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be accepted to study at a university featured in a QS ranking. This applies to all universities featured at any position in the QS World University Rankings®, QS World University Rankings by Subject, QS World University Rankings by Faculty, QS Top 50 Under 50, or QS University Rankings by Region. The scholarship will be awarded only to a student enrolling in the first year of an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree at a QS-ranked university.
Application process: First, complete the QS Applicant Survey. Then follow the link at the end of the survey to submit your application essay.
Application essay: Choose a person who has had a significant impact on your life so far. This could be someone you know personally, or a famous person from the past or present. Explain how and why this person has inspired you, and how s/he has influenced your academic and professional goals.
You may wish to write about:
- A family member or friend
- An inspiring teacher or another professional
- A famous scientist, artist or other celebrated personality
You should consider:
- What makes this person inspiring?
- How has s/he changed your attitude, behavior and/or ambitions?
- How does this relate to your future academic and career plans?
Make sure your essay:
- Sticks to the word limit (no more than 500 words)
- Includes a short outline of your study plans and future ambitions
- Follows a clear structure, with accurate spelling and grammar
Word limit: 500 words
Deadline: 30 April 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the QS Scholarships Team within a two week period following the application deadline. At this stage, you will be asked to provide proof that you have been accepted to study an undergraduate degree at a university featured in a QS ranking.
QS will transfer the scholarship funding to the university on behalf of the winner. The award can only be used to cover tuition fees.
If you’re applying to study a master’s or PhD, explore QS’s current range of postgraduate scholarships.