The University of New South Wales (UNSW) is one of the leading teaching and research universities in Australia.
A founding member of the prestigous Group of 8 universities, UNSW is renowned for its academic reputation - continually amongst the highest ranked universities in Australia and currently ranked 49th in the world.
UNSW is a research powerhouse, with involvement in more than 100 ground-breaking research programs, from quantum computing to cancer research to interactive cinema.
UNSW degrees are recognised around the world, and our graduates are highly employable, commanding some of the highest starting salaries. As a result, more than half of New South Wales' top HSC students consistently make UNSW their first preference, more than all other universities in the State combined.
UNSW enjoys a vibrant and cosmopolitan campus life, with close to 12,000 international students from over 120 countries. The university maintains strong links with its international graduate community, and has over 200 student exchange opportunities in 35 countries around the world.
UNSW is well located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, close to Sydney's most popular beaches, parks and only 20 minutes from Sydney Airport. UNSW is close to the city's main business hub, providing easy access to a wide range of academic, cultural and social activities.
UNSW offers a rich and comprehensive learning experience, with over 900 programs
available across nine faculties.
Teaching and research are core activities of UNSW and through studying
with us you will be part of a university that is:
• ranked 49th in the world in the 2011 QS World University Rankings *
• recognised as the top university in Australia for teaching and learning in the latest Australian Federal Government’s Learning and Teaching Performance Fund
• ranked Australia’s 4th most research-intensive university in the Australian Research Council’s 2010 Excellence in Research for Australia Report
• a member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8), leading teaching and research universities in Australia
• a member of Universitas 21, a consortium of the world’s leading research universities from Asia, Europe and North America and consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world
• a major recipient of competitive research grants from industry and government bodies such as the Australian Research Council
• Ranked 35th in the world for employer reputation, UNSW international graduates have the highest median starting salaries amongst the Group of Eight**
* 2011 QS World University Rankings
**2011 Australian Graduate Survey. Includes undergraduate and postgraduate international graduates