Planning to study agriculture and need some extra funding? Check out these agriculture scholarships on offer around the world, broken down by region…
Agriculture scholarships to study in Europe
- Bayer Foundations Jeff Schell Scholarship – Open to students of agricultural sciences and related fields. Scholarships are granted to graduate students from German-speaking countries wishing to study abroad, or to international students who are interested in a study project in Germany. More information is available in a pdf file here.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Hungarian Government Scholarship – Scholarships are available for international master’s students from listed countries, to study agricultural sciences or a similar subject at one of three participating universities in Hungary.
- Cattolica Africa Scholarships – Tuition fee reduction scholarships are available to students from Africa who are studying a master’s program in one of several subjects, including agriculture and food economics at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Italy.
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences – Three to five scholarships are available for international fee-paying students (from outside of the EU) admitted to master’s programs at this university in Sweden, covering tuition fees.
- University of East Anglia Lord Walston Scholarship – One full merit-based scholarship (covering both tuition fees and living expenses) is available for an African student of one of three environment-related master’s degrees, including the MA in Agriculture and Rural Development. Eligible applicants are automatically considered.
- NFU Mutual Charitable Trust Centenary Award – Provides annual bursaries of up to 75% of tuition fees for domestic, EU and overseas applicants who have been accepted to study a master’s or PhD in agriculture within the UK, and who have previously gained a good degree in agriculture (or a related degree).
- Royal Agricultural University Africa’s Land and Food Fellowship – Full scholarships are available for students from Sub-Saharan Africa to study agriculture at master’s level at the Royal Agricultural University.
Agriculture scholarships to study in the US and Canada
- Agriculture Future of America Scholarships – Various scholarships available for US students who are either graduating high school seniors or current college students, enrolling/enrolled in an agriculture-related, four-year degree program in the United States.
- United States Department of Agriculture William F. Helms Internship Program – Offers tuition support and paid work experience in semester breaks for university and college-level US students who are enrolled/accepted in an agriculture or biological sciences-related subject at an accredited US university.
- Purdue University College of Agriculture – Various scholarships open to both prospective and current students of the college of agriculture at Purdue University.
- Utah State University College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences – Annual scholarships available to study agriculture at the college.
- ExtremeTerrain’s Student Scholarships – A scholarship is awarded twice a year for students enrolled in a degree in sustainable agriculture systems or a related course, to study in the US.
- Dalhousie University Faculty of Agriculture Graduate Scholarships – Various scholarships available for both international and home students to study agriculture at graduate level at Dalhousie University.
- University of Guelph Undergraduate Scholarships – Various scholarships available for undergraduate students of agriculture from both Canada and abroad. The university also offers postgraduate agriculture scholarships.
Agriculture scholarships to study in Asia
- Chinese Government Scholarships – Various scholarships for international students at all study levels to study agriculture.
- Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine (OUAVM) – Scholarships are available for international postgraduate students at Japan’s Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine.
- ASEAN International Student Scholarship at Kasetsart University – A full scholarship, covering tuition fees and providing a monthly stipend for 24 months, to study the Master of Science in Agricultural and Resource Economics at Kasetsart University. You must be a citizen of a country in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), excluding Thailand.
Agriculture scholarships to study in Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Agriculture Scholarship – Annual scholarships are available for Australian students to pursue further education in an agriculture-related field at a university or technical and further education (TAFE) institution.
- Flowers Across Melbourne Scholarship – Scholarship funded by a Melbourne florist, open to design, technology and agriculture students; worth AS$500 towards university costs.
- University of Queensland School of Agriculture and Food Sciences – Various scholarships available for both international and domestic students to study at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the school of agriculture and food sciences at the University of Queensland.
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) – Part of the Australian Government’s Australia Awards, the John Dillon Memorial Fellowship and John Allwright Fellowship aim to build agricultural research at ACIAR partner countries.
- Dairy Farm Business Management Scholarship – Scholarships for two Australian students to study a one-year postgraduate diploma in agriculture commerce at Massey University or Lincoln University in New Zealand.
- Lincoln University Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences Postgraduate Scholarships – Various scholarships available for both international and home students to study agriculture at postgraduate level at Lincoln University.
Want more content like this? Register for free site membership to get regular updates and your own personal content feed.