The history of Ewha traces back to 1886 when American missionary Mary F. Scranton began classes for women in Seoul, the capital of Korea. Since its first class, Ewha’s pioneering efforts have led to its becoming the first educational institute for women and the first government-accredited four-year university in Korea. Ewha has now grown into one of Korea’s most prestigious schools and the world’s largest women’s university with nearly 25,000 students and 987 faculty members within 11 colleges, 15 graduate schools, and 66 research institutes. In 2013, Ewha ranked 1st among Korean universities in CWTS Leiden Ranking and in the number of law clerks produced, and produced the highest number of women executives in Korea’s top 100 companies. Ewha also became the first Korean university to sign a university-industry collaboration agreement with the multinational chemical corporation Solvay in 2011 for a total investment of 21.5 million dollars. The global headquarters of Solvay’s R&D center has been built at Ewha to establish the joint research infrastructure and cultivate new talents to lead the future of science. Ewha hopes to continue serving the women of the world in realizing their dreams and exploring new opportunities.