Kaunas University of Technology in Lithuania meets the challenges of globalisation while sustaining the traditions and practices that define the University’s scholarly community since 1922. KTU enhances its international visibility and provides high quality of study and research:
• by participating in international research collaborations in over 30 international science programmes,
• by establishing international study programmes (17 undergraduate, 28 Master’s and 17 PhD study programmes are taught in English),
• by collaborating with international partners and creating joint study programmes (strategic partnerships with Stanford (USA) and Aalto (Finland) universities and within European University Association (EUA), European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI), Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER) and others),
• by encouraging the participation in international exchange and experience among student and academic communities (over 450 collaboration agreements with over 200 institutions of higher education all over the world; 5 % of international students), and
• by extensive mentoring in all areas (13 student societies, 20 sport clubs, Career Centre, Startup Space and others).
Through synergy of cutting-edge research, top quality education, strategic partnerships and interlinks with wide range of businesses and industry, KTU generates collective knowledge that opens new opportunities.