National Taipei University was officially inaugurated in 2000 but it has a proud, evolving history that began with the establishment of the Provincial Junior College of Administration in November 1949. Later, it became Taiwan Provincial College of Business and Law, then Provincial Chung Hsing University, and then National Chung Hsing University, College of Business and Law. Finally, February 1, 2000 marked the genesis of NTPU.
The university has six colleges: the College of Law, the College of Business, the College of Public Affairs, the College of Social Science, the College of Humanities, and the College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science; 23 master program; 8 doctoral programs; 8 on-the-job masters programs; and 10 continuing education programs; 9 graduate schools; and 16 departments. These entities work congruously with the Center for Educational Program for Secondary School Teachers, the Center for Asia Studies, and the Center of General Education. At present, the university’s population, include roughly 500 full- and part-time teacher, 100 staff members, and 10,000 students.