Welcome to a university dedicated to seeking out new ways to create a more just, more beautiful, and better-designed world.
Located in Greenwich Village in the heart of New York City, The New School is the only comprehensive university housing a renowned design school, a rigorous and relevant liberal arts school, a stellar music conservatory and drama school, and a world-famous social research school, and many more schools and programs designed for students of every age and stage of life.
The New School is a group of institutions dedicated to unlocking creative potential, intellect, and the courage to innovate:
- Parsons School of Design -- The #1 design school in the U.S. and a leader in enlightened design education for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts -- Rated best undergraduate college in the country for encouraging debate and discussion
- College of Performing Arts -- Consisting of Mannes School of Music, The School of Drama, and The School of Jazz
- The New School for Social Research -- A renowned graduate school that investigates the world in intellectually intense, heterodox ways.
- Milano School of International Affairs, Management, and Urban Policy
- School of Media Studies
- Creative Writing Program