Paris Lodron University was founded by Prince Archbishop Paris von Lodron in 1622, five years earlier had previously established a "Gymnasium", a secondary school. Located in the Austrian city of Salzburg it is divided into four Faculties: Catholic theology, law, humanities and the natural sciences. During each academic year approximately 5,600 courses are offered and 95,000 examinations are successfully completed. The Faculty of Catholic-Theology is the oldest of the four faculties and currently consists of four departments. The Faculty of Law is divided into five departments and offers five degree programs. The Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences, the largest faculty in Salzburg, is comprised of twelve departments and 30 fields of study. At the Faculty of Natural Sciences, there are eight departments and seven degree programmes available.