A fairly new addition to the QS Regional Rankings, the QS University Rankings: Arab Region has this year been extended to feature the region’s top 200 universities – with the results to be published on 14 June 2016. To celebrate, we bring you a round-up of some of the best funding opportunities and scholarships for international students offered in the region.
Spanning Egypt, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates, these international scholarships give students from all over the world a chance to study in the Middle East and experience the unique culture of the region first-hand.
Scholarships to study in Egypt
- AMIDEAST Need-Based Scholarships – International scholarships for US students in financial need to study in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Oman or Tunisia.
- AUC Scholarships for Non-Egyptian Students – Various merit-based scholarships to study in Egypt at the American University in Cairo.
Scholarships to study in Israel
- Alisa Flatow Memorial Scholarship Fund – Study abroad scholarships for students looking to study in Israel on a religious studies program. Jewish studies preferred.
- DOROT Foundation Fellowship – Enrichment and study abroad scholarships for American and Canadian Jewish students to study in Israel and build leaderships skills.
- Israeli Government Scholarships for Foreign Students – Study abroad scholarships for overseas students to study in Israel for up to one year on a language course or research program.
- Masa Israel Grants and Scholarships – Study abroad scholarships for Jewish international students to study in Israel.
Scholarships to study in Saudi Arabia
- Academic Scholarships for Non-Saudis – Government scholarships to study in Saudi Arabia, open to high-achieving international students worldwide at all degree levels. Applicants must apply through the respective university.
- KFUPM Deanship of Graduate Studies – Master’s and PhD scholarships for overseas students wishing to study at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals.
- King Abdulaziz University International Scholarships – International scholarships to study in Saudi Arabia at King Abdulaziz University. Stipends and living costs covered and full-tuition scholarships offered for exceptional students at graduate level.
Scholarships to study in Turkey
- Turkish Government Scholarships for International Students – Various Turkish scholarships for international students wishing to study in Turkey. Open to students of all levels, although restrictions for each scholarship may apply.
- TÜBITAK Research Fellowship Programme for International Researchers – Scholarships for international PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue research in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Özyeğin University Scholarships – Undergraduate and graduate scholarships for international students to study in Turkey at Özyeğin University. Every student admitted is automatically considered for these merit-based scholarships.
Scholarships to study in the UAE
- INSEAD UAE Campus MBA Scholarships – Various graduate scholarships offered by INSEAD to gain funding for an MBA at one of the school’s three campuses, including Abu Dhabi. Not all scholarships listed are for study in the UAE.
- Khalifa University Teaching Assistant Scholarships – Master’s and PhD scholarships for international students studying at Khalifa University in the UAE. Funding offered in return for teaching assistant duties during your studies.
- Masdar Institute IRENA Scholarships Programme – Graduate scholarships to study in the UAE at the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI). Funded by IRENA, the International Renewable Energy Agency.
- UAE University Graduate Assistantships – Master’s and PhD scholarships for international students at United Arab Emirates University who participate in teaching, research or administrative duties during their stay.
Other scholarships to study in the Middle East
- ICGEB Research Grants for Member States – The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) provides grants for students to undertake research projects in basic science, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology and bioenergy. You can study in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Egypt or any of the other ICGEB member states, as long as you’re a student from one of these countries.
- Kuwait University Excellence Scholarships – Master’s and PhD scholarships for international students across a range of subject areas to study at Kuwait University.
- Qatar University Scholarships – Undergraduate scholarships for international students to study at Qatar University on a bachelor’s program.
- TUMS Scholarships in Iran – International scholarships to study at all levels at the Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) in Iran.
This article was originally published in June 2015. It was updated in June 2016.
Want more content like this? Register for free site membership to get regular updates and your own personal content feed.