The Libera Università Maria Ss. Assunta (LUMSA) is a private Italian Catholic university, founded in 1939 as the Istituto Superiore di Magistero “Maria Ss. Assunta”.
The LUMSA has didactic, scientific, administrative, organizational and disciplinary autonomy. It releases legally certified educational qualifications which are equivalent to those of state-owned universities.
In particular, the LUMSA
- contributes to the development of scientific research and to the deepening of all studies for the common good
- provides young people with qualified cultural and civic training in order to prepare their placement in the work environment and the taking on of responsibilities in society
- favours the revalorization and the continuous training of adults
- helps the needy and the deserving in the fields of study and research
- guarantees, in the respect of its own identity and of the constitutional principles, equality and equal opportunities between men and women. It refuses any kind of discrimination, both direct and indirect, and it works to contrast every form of moral and psychological violence. It adopts and promotes the necessary measures to ensure organizational wellness in its work environments.