Since its establishment in 1989, Charles Sturt University (CSU) has grown to become Australia's largest regional university and the country's leading provider of distance education. The University’s origins date back to the establishment of Experimental Farms in Bathurst in 1895 and Wagga Wagga in 1896, and its history includes the development of Teachers Colleges on those sites in Wagga Wagga in 1947 and Bathurst in 1951.
The growth and evolution of these institutions led to the formation in 1989 of CSU, which incorporated what had by then become the Mitchell College of Advanced Education at Bathurst and the Riverina-Murray Institute of Higher Education at Wagga Wagga.
A non-profit organisation, the Foundation aids and promotes excellence in the education, research and service activities of Charles Sturt University by seeking, receiving and administering private sponsorship for the benefit of the University, beyond the scope of the University's general budget.
Philanthropic support helps improve University life and enhances outcomes for our students, their professions and communities via scholarships, industry placements, cooperative research projects and capital development programs.